Bouzouki Test Drive

I finished the bouzouki rebuild, deciding not to stain the damaged wood on the body. The body was re varnished and the new neck was finished with Danish Oil. The reason for not staining the body was because I could find no suitable match for the original stain colour and I had no interest in using paint stripper to take all the old varnish off and get back to raw wood.

img_20180613_160205.jpg

The project was all about seeing if we could rebuild an instrument that other luthiers had said was beyond repair. Here is the video of the first test drive. I set up the instrument and did a quick two track recording, ( a duo with another bouzouki, to compare tone).

Next blog will be on a big wood purchase……oooooohh!

 

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s