Well, I Finally finished the work bench, though there are two Vices to fit to it still. I’ll do it, I’ll do it! I just have to dress the frets of this Takamine, acoustic and refit the electronics, because the battery box has come adrift from its mountings. I have to do a bit of neck adjustment too thin she should play like a dream.
The table was built entirely by hand, with only hand tools, so that made things slow going, but very satisfying. I plan to start finalising designs for three new guitars, an eight string, possibly fan fretted, a seven string and a semi acoustic. I will be posting updates on those projects, now that I have the work space organised. One of those guitars will have an electronic LED display, which will have some kind of animation that changes as the guitar is played. I will post a video on YouTube about the design of that soon.
In the meantime, here is the selection of tools I used to build the new workbench